Planning is fundamental to the success of your project. It’s vital the execution of the plan is tracked, monitored and controlled. Microsoft Project allows you to take a snapshot of the project plan, to capture actual performance and to compare actuals against the baseline. From this you can analyse the progress and status of your project and forecast the project performance using a technique called Earned Value Management (EVM). This program teaches participants how to use these advanced tracking techniques.
This program focuses on how to analyse project progress using an advanced technique called Earned Value Management (EVM), and to report on that progress using PivotTables and PivotCharts in Excel and Visio – called Visual Reports.
Participants should have completed the following programs or have equivalent skills:
- Project – Complex or Multiple Projects
- Project – Level Resources and Link Data
- Project – Project for Schedulers.
Participants should be able to:
- Set up the building blocks to facilitate using EVM
- Use advanced tracking techniques
- Analyse progress using EVM
- Report on progress using Visual Reports.