A one-day masterclass seminar that brings attendees up-to-date with the most disruptive innovations ever in consumer finance.
Global expert, New York University Professor David Yermack, will lead this seminar and explore digital currencies, distributed ledgers and blockchains.
Based on new applications of information technology, virtual currencies attempt to remove money and banking from the control of sovereign governments. The underlying distributed ledger technology has many other potential applications in diverse areas such as property registration, auditing, regulation, tax, law and financial derivatives.
To download the seminar brochure, please click here
During the seminar you will:
- Acquire an overview of the history, growth, strengths and weaknesses of digital currencies, blockchains and distributed ledger technology
- Learn about potential applications of distributed ledger technology to new products and services
- Understand some of the regulatory challenges posed by new payment systems, and the responses of governments in the USA, Europe and around the world
- Utilise existing financial benchmarks to evaluate the success of Bitcoin and other digital currencies as forms of money and as investments
- Explore blockchain technology and its potential to provide