The return-on-investment of social media is that your business will exist in 5 years.
Social media has a role to play in every organisation, in every industry. It enables engagement with a range of stakeholders not possible on any other marketing channel. It also enables access to market information not possible on any other marketing channel. It is about far more than just the technology, though, and that is what this program will cover.
This program will cut through the hype around social media at a tactical level, and shed light on the strategic issues in social media marketing. Social media is not about Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. It is about a paradigm shift in marketing and business generally that requires significant strategic change.
As a result of this program participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills around social media in marketing and the organisation
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills around the theory underpinning social media
- Understand how to develop an organisational culture appropriate for modern marketing
- Understand how to develop a marketing strategy facilitative of customer engagement
- Evaluate and analyse the metrics that indicate a return on investment from social media.
Alignment with UWA's MBA Flexible Program
This course aligns with UWA’s flexible MBA program, with an optional assessable component in this course. Participants who qualify to access this articulation pathway, and successfully complete the course and pass the assessments, will receive credit (to the value of one optional unit) towards their UWA MBA Flexible degree.
Special rate for UWA MBA Flexible students: $4000 plus GST