This program is designed for those who have had little or no exposure to accounting concepts and want to gain an introductory level of financial awareness. Obtain a greater understanding of profit and loss statements, balance sheets and cash flow to improve communication with finance specialists.
What do you think when you see a profit and loss statement, a balance sheet or a set of budget figures? Are you confused or intimidated? Does your finance department seem to be speaking another language? If so, this program is for you.
During the program you will come to grips with these statements and the basic language and concepts of accounting.
Participants should be able to:
- Describe the linkages between cash, revenue, expenses, assets, liabilities and equity
- Identify the quality of financial outcomes
- Be aware of why financial targets exist
- Describe how past actions determine present financial results
- Have more meaningful discussions about the organisation’s finances.