The status and range of responsibilities of the human resource management function have increased substantially in recent years. The effective human resource specialist needs to be a skilled practitioner, counsellor, negotiator and adviser. This program will highlight the skills and knowledge which must be acquired by human resource professionals or staff with those responsibilities.
The effective HR specialist needs to be not only a skilled practitioner, but also a skilled negotiator and adviser. This program will develop the skills and knowledge which must be acquired by HR professionals early in their careers, and provides the opportunity for line managers to widen their knowledge.
Participants should be able to:
- Identify the main activities of HR management
- Write job descriptions and develop selection criteria
- Conduct effective recruitment interviews
- Appreciate the basic implications of legislation that applies to the HR's management area
- Identify the main features of performance management
- Work with diverse internal stakeholders.
Additional fee applies for assessment (3 units of competency):
$630 Non Member
$525 Corporate/Professional Member
Relationship to Competency Standards
Please click on the qualification link above for Qualification information and total fees.