Assertiveness is an invaluable skill for effective communication both at work and at home. Participants will develop the skill and confidence to express themselves in an assertive manner rather than in an aggressive or submissive manner. They will also learn the psychological impact of this method of communication on long-term relationships and how influential it can be in achieving agreement with others.
Clarity and confidence are often seen as the secrets to effective assertive communication. By developing skills to clearly express your views in a confident manner, you are more likely to be successful at getting your message across.
By expressing a view in an assertive, rather than aggressive or submissive manner, the receiver is more likely to be receptive and open to the issues being expressed.
Who Will Benefit
Anyone who wants to develop their self-confidence and communicate effectively and assertively with work colleagues at all levels as well as with clients and the public.
Participants should be able to:
- Distinguish between assertive, aggressive and submissive behaviour
- Recognise their own strengths and weaknesses when communicating with others
- Select from a range of strategies for dealing with other people
- Be more confident when expressing their views to others
- Cope with difficult people and difficult situations more effectively.