To become truly effective at work we must achieve a balance of our own time and the needs of the job. This program reinforces the need to take control over your behaviour and become responsible for job outcomes a well as simple processes.
This program outlines and reinforces the need for taking personal control over time and being responsible for the outcomes. You will develop the skills to recognise and balance your own and your team’s time management to enhance performance and efficiency.
Participants should be able to:
- Understand the difference between effectiveness and ‘busyness’, resulting in their ability to discuss goals and clarify priorities with others
- Work with others in a time effective manner
- Set priorities based on individual tasks and departmental goals
- Schedule time effectively
- Develop effective techniques for reducing the impact of interruptions
- Say “no” assertively to other people’s priorities, where appropriate
- Set up and use a personalised time management system.