Western Australia's most enduring and respected development program for mid level managers and technical professionals, the Executive Development Course (EDCO) is essential for executives moving into a general management role. The EDCO has been an essential component of the career progression for thousands of executives over the past 30+ years.
This first class program is designed specifically for those people wanting to enhance their skills and knowledge to support a move into a more general management and leadership role. The content and facilitation style will broaden participants’ perspectives, have them gain a greater appreciation of the managerial role and provide practical techniques to improve their performance at work. Key topics such as strategy, leadership, risk management, continuous improvement and accounting are interwoven to encourage thinking beyond the day-to-day operational aspects of individual roles.
This premium program uses a blended learning approach which includes face-to-face sessions, access to our online learning platform and 12 months Professional Membership of AIM WA. Learn more at aimwa.com/blendedlearning
Participants should be able to:
- Identify the steps required to develop and implement a strategic plan
- Initiate and manage change in an organisation
- More clearly define the role of management and leadership
- Apply ethical decision making processes
- Understand finances as they apply to managerial decision making
- Manage resources and associated risks to ensure successful outcomes
- Lead continuous improvement through innovation
- Build a network of contacts with other participants.
A variety of learning approaches are used to reflect the diverse nature of the participants and the facilitator’s expert knowledge of adult learning principles, including:
- Peer-to-peer plenary discussion – to leverage on the expertise of every participant in the room
- Small group syndicate work – to get in-depth discussion on important topics
- Organisational case studies – bringing the theory to life in the real world
- Online blended learning resources – providing pre and post program resources to add greater value to the
- Professional Membership of AIM WA – for the following 12 months to extend the learning well beyond the
- Application planning – turning talk into concrete actions when you return to work.