Research shows that most inexperienced negotiators rush too quickly to bargaining and don't spend enough time on planning. This program equips participants with the tools, techniques and tactics required to manage negotiations successfully. Approximately half the time available is devoted to role playing a series of graded cases.
This program identifies and focuses on the skills required for achieving positive results through negotiation. It equips participants with the tools, techniques and concepts that are required to manage negotiations successfully in a variety of situations including contracts, sales, project management and teams.
Who Will Benefit
Anyone whose role requires negotiation with others, including managers, team leaders and supervisors, sales and account managers, senior customer service representatives and project or change managers.
Participants should be able to:
- Develop a comprehensive negotiation planning process
- Manage the negotiation process
- Analyse negotiation tactics
- Select and use the negotiation tactic appropriate to the situation
- Practise negotiation techniques to develop and refine their skills
- Evaluate and improve the negotiation process.