Agile is one of the most misunderstood approaches to project management. Far from being a loose, free-for-all, it is a disciplined approach to managing projects where the final end point is not known at the beginning.
Agile project management is an approach that sees solutions evolve through collaboration over the life of the project. Rigorous and accountable milestones occur at key points along the way, whilst the final outcomes of the project unfold as learning occurs and budgets allow. Although originally used in software development or IT projects, it is now embraced across a wide range of disciplines. This program explores the benefits and application of the Agile approach in the workplace.
Scrum is a popular and most widely used process framework or set of practices for agile development.
Who Will Benefit
Project leaders, marketers, product developers, team leaders and business improvement specialists wanting to learn about where, when and how to use the Scrum methodologies of Agile project management.
Participants should be able to:
- Determine which project management methodology is most appropriate to their needs
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of the Agile approach
- Understand the full Scrum methodology and key tools
- Develop and implement scrum methods to achieve project success
- Work effectively with project leaders who use the Scrum methodology of Agile.