Unique Student Identifier (USI) Mandatory from 1 January 2015
From 1 January 2015, all students undertaking Nationally Recognised training in Australia will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Once you have your USI, you can use it throughout your life, to keep a centralised online record of all your Nationally Recognised training. Whether you're studying at TAFE, a private training organisation, completing a certificate or diploma course, apprenticeship or skill set - you'll need a USI.
This Skill Set is designed to address the skills, knowledge and performance requirements to work in the marketing and communications industry.
What is required to gain the skill set
Attendance on the training program/s and successful completion of the assessment requirements. Assessment consists of set workplace tasks/assignments for each of the clustered units. Underpinning knowledge questions and third-party reports will also supplement the assessment approach.
Participants have up to 2 years to complete the training and assessment requirements of the skill set. This time frame will vary for each individual depending on their existing level of skills and knowledge and their ability to attend the training programs.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available for all or part of this skill set. Please refer to the Enrolment Kit for details or the document located under Related Information on the RPL process.
Plan your training
- Download the Enrolment Kit located on this page under Related Information
- Read through the kit to learn more about the skill set and its requirements
- Complete the self-assessment and LLN questionnaires
- Email the questionnaires along with the application form (and RPL application if applicable) to enrol onto the skill set to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book onto the associated training program listed in the table below
- Attend training and complete the assessment requirements.
More information on the program can be found by clicking on the program in the table below. Bookings can be made on-line or by contacting Client Services at email@example.com.