This highly practical and interactive program will provide participants with a clear framework to prepare a successful strategic business plan and to tailor it to the needs of their organisation or business unit. The program examines the key strategic business areas that a successful plan must consider, plus take into account equally important issues such as core values, purpose and mission statements.
Who Will Benefit
People who are expected to be involved in strategic business planning, including business unit managers, functional and frontline managers, small business owners/managers, project managers and professional practice personnel. This program is applicable to participants from both the public and private sectors.
- The relationship between the strategic plan, the business plan and operational plans
- The strategic planning process
- Strategic purpose – core values, purpose and mission
- Situation analysis – internal environment and external environment
- Strategic objectives, strategic options and competitive strategies
- Producing, implementing and monitoring the plan.
Participants should be able to:
- Conduct an environmental (internal and external) analysis of a business
- Develop a strategic plan and a business plan based on the strategic plan and the organisation’s vision and mission
- Implement the strategic and business plans
- Monitor the success of the strategic and business plans and respond to performance.
This course is also delivered at AIM WA in Floreat.