Resilience is a pre-requisite for anyone to survive in the modern world. Its importance is magnified when we are in high stress roles or environments where the pressure to perform is great but the resources to achieve the outcome are missing. The second scenario where resilience is crucial is when things go wrong; your career derails, a major project goes astray or your organisation has a public or private disaster. In all cases we need practical, behaviourally based techniques to ride out the difficult times and respond with improved performance.
Who Will Benefit
Anyone who needs to perform consistently in a high pressure or high stress work environment. Alternatively, anyone whose work life has experienced a significant shock and who needs to rebound quickly and positively.
- Defining resilience – ‘what it is, what it isn’t’
- Physical and emotional wellness
- Short and long term techniques and tactics for greater resilience
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Coping with career derailment
- How to get ‘unstuck’
- Importance of hope, optimism and confidence.
Participants should be able to:
- Diagnose the source of their stress and pressure
- Plan and implement strategies for addressing these pressures
- Develop their own confidence and the confidence of others to deal with anticipated and unanticipated shocks.
This course is also delivered at AIM WA in Floreat.