Are you new to managing projects or interested in the study of project management? Understand the benefits of a project plan and gain insight into the discipline and what is required to manage projects from a team member’s perspective through an understanding of the ten project management knowledge areas and the project lifecycle. Participants will leave with practical tools and strategies to implement in their workplace, which assist with achieving individual career goals and the goals of their organisation.
Using a supporting case study, you will work through the basic project management processes and discuss how these processes relate back to your own workplace experiences.
Who Will Benefit
People who are new to project management, or have little experience or knowledge in managing projects including project team members. Also, operational people with project management as part of their role or team leaders.
- Project purpose, project charter and developing a project management plan
- Stakeholder identification and communication needs analysis
- Project performance management
- Verifying and controlling scope, including dealing with scope creep
- Defining scheduling and allocating resources to activities
- Resource planning
- Simple estimating and budgeting
- Defining and monitoring quality requirements
- Closing the project.
Participants should be able to:
- Plan the different stages of a project
- Use simple project management tools and techniques to deliver solutions.
This program is also delivered via a virtual classroom and is indicated under DATES by this symbol
This course is also offered in Perth