This course introduces participants to techniques for effective document design using text, graphics and other visual elements. During this course, participants will use Microsoft Word, but the design concepts apply to documents created in any software application.
- Essential design concepts
- The design process
- Organise text, pages and headings
- Font choice and other type options
- Work with space and lines
- Add images
- Work with colour
- Work with publications
- Marketing materials
- Business stationery
- Common design problems.
Participants should be able to:
- Use basic design and layout principles
- Apply design concepts in a range of publications.