Unconscious Bias has a pervasive, but often unnoticed, impact on our thinking and behaviour. In organisations, Unconscious Bias affect important organisational processes, such as recruitment and selection, performance management, and diversity and inclusion. Even leadership is often subject to biased perceptions, which impacts the ability of leaders to achieve the desired organisational outcomes. Hence, understanding and managing Unconscious Bias is an important task of effective leadership. However, our knowledge of Unconscious Bias is frequently limited and focused on the negatives. In this course you will gain a better and fuller understanding of Unconscious Bias, its impact in the workplace and beyond, and learn cognitive and behavioural strategies that will allow you to harness the power of Unconscious Bias to elevate the impact of your leadership.
Who Will Benefit
The course is recommended for executive managers, team leaders, and professional staff, who are interested in gaining a better understanding of Unconscious Bias and its impact on work, leadership and organisations.
- Gain access to an exclusive assessment tool developed to uncover your personal leadership unconscious bias
- Discover the latest research evidence on Unconscious Bias and leadership
- Become empowered to effectively manage the unconscious bias in your workplace.
- Become aware of the impact Unconscious Bias has on your leadership
- Understand the benefits and hindrances of Unconscious Bias
- Discover the importance of appropriate communication around Unconscious Bias; strategy facilitative of customer engagement
- Practice cognitive and behavioural strategies to effectively manage bias.
About the Facilitator
Dr Darja Kragt
Dr Darja Kragt is a Lecturer in Work Psychology at the University of Western Australia. She is also a leadership consultant, program facilitator, speaker and author. Darja’s research is focused on the development of leadership skills and competencies, particularly, how identity and implicit beliefs shape leadership behaviour and effectiveness.
Darja is passionate about helping individuals and organisations to develop more effective and inclusive leadership. Her unique strengths as a leadership development professional are superb understanding of research evidence and ability to translate these insights into actionable practices.
Darja has designed and facilitated numerous leadership development workshops and programs for professionals, MBAs and executives in Australia and Europe.
She has completed a doctoral degree in Leadership Development at UWA Business School and two Master degrees in International Management and Business Research at Maastricht University in the Netherlands. Her research has been published in highly ranked, peer-reviewed journals.