Excellence in safety management performance is critical to the sustainability of organisations across all sectors. The success of safety management systems depends largely on the quality of organisational leadership and the prevailing safety culture that cuts across the whole organisation.
This course is designed to build the knowledge and skills required to shape an effective safety management system, to engage workers (including contractors), into that system and to grow a strong, unified safety culture.
Who Will Benefit
This course will assist managers and senior managers to develop the skills and knowledge required to begin the process of shaping a strong, unified safety culture and effective safety management systems to suit your business context.
- What is a safety management system?
- Why consultation and engagement is so important
- How to develop a strong, unified safety culture
- The role of ‘behaviour based safety’ in safety culture
- How to integrate contractors into safety systems and culture
- Ensure that workers at all levels support and participate in health and safety initiatives.
Participants should be able to:
- Describe the essential components of an effective safety management system
- Implement required arrangements for consultation and participation in safety
- Effectively manage contractor safety and integrate them into your safety systems and culture
- Plan and implement health and safety initiatives and foster the support and participation of stakeholders.
Program can link to:
This program can link to BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety