What do you think when you see a profit and loss statement, a balance sheet or a set of budget figures? Are you confused or intimidated? Does your finance department seem to be speaking another language? If so, this course is for you.
Participants will come to grips with the basic language and concepts of accounting through a fun and interactive method.
Who Will Benefit
Staff at all levels from marketing, technical, administrative and management areas who need to grasp a basic awareness of accounting.
- Defining common accounting terms
- Identifying the accounting equations and rules that underpin financial reports
- How transactions are summarised into financial statements
- What is a profit and loss statement?
- What the balance sheet reveals
- How does cash flow differ from profit?
- Balance sheet and profit ratios.
Participants should be able to:
- Describe the linkages between cash, revenue, expenses, assets, liabilities and equity
- Identify the quality of financial outcomes
- Be aware of why financial targets exist
- Describe how past actions determine present financial results
- Have more meaningful discussions about the organisation’s finances.