In today’s fast-moving world, many managers and supervisors are expected to deal with some human resource issues. They may be asked to take part in developing job descriptions, take part in interviews, or take responsibility for discipline. This course will introduce those leaders to general human resource concepts.
Who Will Benefit
This course will help anyone whose role includes handling HR issues with their team members, but who have no formal HR qualifications, or is unsure about the legal implications of various employee issues.
- Skills inventory and job analysis
- Position profiles and job descriptions
- Preparing for and conducting the interview
- Employee orientation and on-boarding
- Performance reviews
- Managing disciplinary issues.
Participants should be able to:
- Understand current issues in the human resource field and the changing role of supervisors and managers in terms of HR functions.
- Write job specifications and identify core competencies.
- Use behavioural description interviewing techniques.
- Get new employees off to a good start.
- Make performance appraisals a cooperative process.