If you’re doing research for an important project, report, or proposal, how do you find information that you can count on? This course will help you to research any topic using a number of different tools. After you complete this course, you’ll be ready to find reliable information on any topic, and turn that information into a compelling, accurate piece of writing.
Who Will Benefit
The course is designed for anyone who conducts, or is planning to conduct, quality professional-standard research, in a workplace context.
- Why are research skills important?
- Basic skills (reading, note-taking, and recall)
- Planning your research strategy
- Where to look and what to look for
- Finding information the old-fashioned way
- Researching with the internet
- Getting ready to write.
Participants should be able to:
- Identify the benefits of proper research and documentation
- Take effective notes
- Plan a research strategy
- Identify and use various types of research sources
- Create preliminary and final outlines
- Know how to use style guides, and be able to identify common styles
- Document and attribute your work to ensure that you don’t plagiarise.