The aim of the course is to help participants identify and practice more positive social behaviours, including verbal and nonverbal communication skills, face-to-face interactions, and virtual meeting skills. Aside from the weekly sessions, participant will have the opportunity weekly to practice and get feedback on their results. Some of these practice opportunities will be in the form of self-assessment and quizzes, that will be completed between sessions.
Who Will Benefit
The course is for anyone who wants to improve their social skills and their communication with peers, co-workers, and managers, and others they regularly interact with.
- Session One - Introduction to social skills. What are social skills? What are the signs that you may need help improving your social skills?
- Session Two - Social Intelligence. What are the three elements of social intelligence? What are the six ways to develop social intelligence?
- Session Three - Emotional Intelligence. What are the five components of Emotional Intelligence? What is social intelligence's link to emotional intelligence?
- Session Four - Communication Styles. What are the four communication styles? How can you use your communication style to improve your social skills?
- Session Five - Moving Forward. Putting it all together, by selecting which skill(s) you want to develop and applying appropriate tools such as the "ARE" model and the "I" statements to plan your changes.
Note: The sessions are not recorded.
If you are unable to attend a session, transfers to individual future dates are not possible.
Participants should be able to:
- Identify their own social skill strengths, as well as areas for improvement
- Plan and practice social skills discussed during the course
- Work to continue to improve their social and communication skills with the people they regularly interact with.