Generational differences feature prominently in the list of challenges facing supervisors, managers and leaders. Capturing the imagination and engagement of employees from a wide range of ages is essential if the team or department is to be successful. At the same time, it is important to recognise what similarities exist across generations as this helps to bring people together. During this course, participants will unpack the key characteristics of the different generational groups and identify the communication strategies that will have the most impact on each group.
Who Will Benefit
Team leaders, supervisors and managers with diverse, multigenerational teams or departments who want to improve the impact of their communication across a diverse range of generations.
- Recognise the similarities and unique characteristics of different generational groups from Baby Boomers to Generation Z
- Impact of generational differences on communication styles
- Shaping language and presentation styles
- Gathering feedback from different groups
- Pushing back on inappropriate or unhelpful communication.
Participants should be able to:
- Recognise the similarities and differences of different generational groups
- Adapt their communication style to align with the needs of different generations
- Identify when and how to use particular communication styles.