Most of us have experienced the reality of virtual meetings and presentations during our forced stays at home, due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. Whether its virtual team meetings, client meetings, or even conferences, online presentations are likely to become an increasing component in the ‘new normal’, at least in a hybrid form.
If you’re not familiar with Zoom, MS Teams, GoToMeeting, and Google Meet, or if you’re not sure that you can be effective as an on-line presenter, you’re facing a challenge. This course will give you valuable insights into how to present in a virtual environment, using the most popular delivery platforms.
Who Will Benefit
This course is for anyone who needs to become a more effective and engaging on-line presenter of short meetings and/or presentations, however it is not designed for people who are presenting virtual training courses.
- Why virtual presentations and meetings?
- How virtual presentations differ from face-to-face
- Virtual presentation challenges
- Virtual presentation essentials – the presenter and the presentation
- The tools – Zoom, Microsoft Teams, GoToMeeting, Google Meet.
Participants should be able to:
- Identify the differences between presenting virtually and in-person
- Outline the major challenges (presenter, presentation and technical) with virtual presentations
- Recognise the strengths, weaknesses and standout features of popular virtual presentation platforms
- Set up an account on virtual platforms
- Overcome virtual presentation challenges.
We recommend you bring along a laptop or wireless enabled device you usually use.