Senior managers frequently ask for 'the Business Case' to support any recommendation for change. This course spells out a step-by-step approach to preparing an internal business case to increase the chances of your initiative being successful. The course is applicable to all levels as it will add increased rigour to internal decision making processes.
Who Will Benefit
People who have good ideas, change initiatives, proposals or recommendations that they wish to sell to senior management. Also, people who want to add more depth and strength to their proposals by preparing more meaningful analysis and substance to support their case.
- Key components of any business case
- Issue and problem clarification
- Quantifying the benefits
- Considering the financial impact
- Identify key stakeholders
- Identifying the audience – who do you want to buy the idea?
- Your style choices
- Case presentation and style – not always a report.
Participants should be able to:
- Analyse the key benefits their proposal offers the organisation
- Prepare a more rigorous analysis to support their case
- Present their case in a style that increases their chance of success
- Maintain the support of senior managers for future proposals.
Participants should come prepared with a real or example proposal to work on during the day.