This program provides ideas on how to prepare employees for the virtual workplace, create telework programs, build virtual teams, leverage technology, and overcome cultural barriers.
Who Will Benefit
This program is relevant to managers, supervisors and team leaders who are required to lead a virtual team whether on a local, national or international level.
- Explore the advantages and disadvantages of a virtual workplace
- Identify which elements to include in a virtual workplace strategy
- Understand the steps to setting team members up for telework
- Manage performance across a virtual workplace
- Learn how the Tuckman and Jensen's five stages of team development apply to virtual teams
- Explore guidelines for scheduling and conducting virtual team meetings
- Use appropriate technology to support a virtual workplace
- Overcome cross-cultural barriers when leading virtual teams.
Participants should be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the appropriate technology to support a virtual workplace
- Develop and implement a virtual workplace strategy
- Prepare employees for the virtual workplace
- Create telework programs
- Effectively manage performance within the virtual workplace
- Set guidelines for conducting virtual team meetings
- Overcome cultural barriers within the virtual workplace.