This course is designed to provide managers with the skills and knowledge to implement change in the workplace through the creation of successful business plans. Such skills are essential for every manager given the rapid pace of change and the need to influence the process toward organisational outcomes.
Who Will Benefit
Business unit managers, line managers, small business owners, project managers and team leaders. Government departments and those currently involved in corporatisation, professional practice personnel and not-for-profit organisations will also benefit.
Participants who need to prepare a budget to implement their business plan are encouraged to attend Budgeting and Business Planning.
- The purpose, importance and benefits of a business plan
- The business plan template
- Business definition and profile
- Situational analysis across the five functional areas of the business
- Aims, objectives and critical success factors
- Examine different types of business and divisional plans
- ‘Making it happen’ by building commitment and responsibility
- Undertaking regular reviews of the implementation of plans.
Participants should be able to:
- Conduct a situational analysis for a business and its competitors
- Articulate the aims, objectives and key aspects of a business plan
- Develop a business plan
- Manage the process of implementing a successful business plan.