Credibility as contributing members of an organisation is established through the process of communication. Clear, authentic self-expression and active listening are key in effective negotiations and contribute to the reduction of stress in the workplace. Organisations will benefit from having employees who are able to communicate more openly and assertively.
Who Will Benefit
Women who want to develop their self-confidence and communicate effectively and assertively with work colleagues at all levels.
- Differences between assertion, aggression and non-assertion
- Development and maintenance of self-confidence
- Learning how to handle constructive criticism and complaints
- Appropriateness – choice of time, place and situation
- Learning how to so ‘no’ when appropriate
- Expressing positive and negative feelings
- Rights and responsibilities
- Using congruent body language
- Learning to speak assertively in difficult situations.
Participants should be able to:
- Distinguish between assertive, non-assertive and aggressive behaviour
- Decide appropriate responses and make use of new skills and strategies learned.
We also offer this program face-to-face.