Encompassing fifty-three countries and nearly 5 billion people – only 1.5 billion of whom are Chinese – Asia will become the most significant economic region in the world in this decade.
“The Future is Asian” is the blunt title of Dr Parag Khanna’s best-selling book. Described by the New York Times as a “foreign policy whiz kid”, his message offers a powerful stimulus to Western Australian leaders and organisations to engage more fully with Asia before it’s too late.
The current COVID environment, and beyond, creates even greater urgency to secure Western Australia’s economic future.
WA’s time zone, world class resources sector, innovation and trusted business reputation, places our state in pole position to strategically capitalise on our unique trade potential with established and burgeoning Asian economies.
The rest of Australia and the world are not sitting back waiting for WA to embrace the massive out-bound and in-bound potential of 5 billion people to our north. Book your place to hear this brilliant global strategist outline the imperative for WA to act now.
Alongside Dr Parag Khanna, the Asian Engagement Summit brings together national and regional business and Government leaders via a series of stimulating keynotes and highly interactive panel discussions.
Some of the speakers offering lessons learned from their lived experience of doing business with the Asian region are:
- Professor Gordon Flake, CEO, PerthUSAsia Centre
- Yuki Nakamura, Managing Director, Nakamura Chocolates
- Kevin Brown FAIM, CEO, Perth Airport
- Jason Craig, Chief Marketing and Trading Officer, CBH Group
- Vikas Rambal FAIM, Chairman, Perdaman
The ‘in-person’ appearance of Speakers from overseas/interstate is subject to COVID protocols at that time. Thank you for your understanding.
ASIA READY LEADERSHIP – WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
To leverage opportunities, Western Australia requires significant investment in skilled ‘Asia Ready’ leadership to attract and sustain relationships within key Asian markets. An Asia Ready leader:
- Sees the world from both Asian and Western perspectives
- Acquires the knowledge and skills to succeed in Asian markets
- Creates strategies for building long-term, sustainable relationships and networks
- Develops a mindset that supports and embraces diversity
- Increases organisational literacy on the protocols and cultures relevant to each country
- Attracts the best international talent available
- Demonstrates a deeply held belief that Asia has much to teach us.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS SUMMIT?
Representatives from Industry, Education and Government wanting to enhance leadership capabilities and build greater connection and collaboration with our diverse Asian neighbours.
In particular, those in growth sectors identified by Diversify WA
Energy; Tourism, Events and Creative Industries; International Education; Mining and Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS); Primary Industries; Defence Industries and Health and Medical Technologies.
To reserve a table of 8 please contact Anna at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9383-8002
The Asian Engagement Summit is run in collaboration with the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation (JTSI) to help implement Western Australia’s Asian Engagement Strategy 2019 - 2030.
Proudly supported by: