This program focuses on key tools of Microsoft Project needed by schedulers and planners; the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and the Critical Path Method (CPM). In addition, key features of building a schedule, managing resources and tracking a project are also covered.
Participants must have some experience using Microsoft Project.
- Understand key principles of scheduling
- Get an in-depth understanding of the WBS
- Get an in-depth understanding of the CPM
- Set up a schedule by entering and editing tasks and creating links between tasks
- Create a resource pool and assign resources to tasks
- Set a baseline against which to compare actual performance to planned performance
- Capture actual performance and report on progress.
Participants should be able to:
- Create a schedule, allocate and manage resources
- Build a robust WBS
- Interpret and report on the Critical Path
- Track projects and present basic reports.