This program concentrates on managing complex or multiple projects using a master project and subprojects. It covers Microsoft Project’s key features of building schedules, managing resources and tracking multiple projects.
- Create a master project
- Create individual subprojects
- Create a shared resource pool
- Manage subprojects and the resource pool through the master project
- Maintain the master and subproject files and the links between the files
- Set up the project plan environment and calendar
- Create schedules by adding/editing tasks and creating links between tasks
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Create a resource pool and assign resources to tasks
- Set up resource calendars
- Set a baseline against which to compare actual performance to planned performance
- Capture actual performance and report on progress.
Participants should be able to:
- Create a master project and manage subprojects through the master project
- Create a resource pool
- Create schedules and allocate and manage resources from the pool
- Build WBS for the master and subprojects
- Track projects and present basic reports.