This three-day program applies theory and industry best practice to the organisational realities of the participants. The program will focus on the sustainability, performance, and resilience of co-operative and mutual organisations.
The Crucial Need for the CMSDP
While there are many general management and development programs on the market, most do not meet the specific requirements of this sector, which has acknowledged the need for a dedicated course which captures the unique nature of the co-operative enterprise business model.
Many aspects of the way co-operative and mutual enterprises are managed are similar to more conventional businesses. However, there are also many important differences. These relate to areas such as their governance, distribution of share capital and voting rights, human resources, communications, marketing and strategic purpose.
Module 1: Understanding Co-Operative and Mutual Business Models
Module 2: Governance and Leadership in Member Owned Businesses
Module 3: Marketing Our Co-Operative Advantage (MOCA)
Module 4: Financing Co-Operative and Mutual Businesses
Module 5: Legislative Structures and their Impact on Co-Operative and Mutual Enterprises.
At the conclusion of the program participants should be able to:
- Compare and contrast the co-operative and mutual business model with that of investor-owned businesses
- Exhibit knowledge of the co-operative and mutual business model as it exists locally, nationally and internationally
- Demonstrate an ability to apply their understanding of co-operative and mutual enterprise business model dynamics to the solving of managerial problems
- Have greater insight into their personal leadership strengths and weaknesses and how they relate to their organisation’s imperatives
- Evaluate the impact, and make strategic decisions in relation to:
- government policies and legal environments
- competitive market dynamics
- social cooperation within their member community, and
- the impact of the natural environment
- Understand the nature of member loyalty and engagement within a co-operative and mutual enterprise and how to strengthen and retain member commitment.
About the Presenter
This program is facilitated by Professor Tim Mazzarol who is a world expert in the cooperative and mutual sector. Tim has conducted extensive research and has authored many publications outlining the key issues, advantages and challenges that face co-operative and mutual organisations. Tim is a highly skilled and engaging facilitator, who takes an experiential approach to adult education, which challenges and inspires participants.