We often hear that everyone is a leader, regardless of whether or not they have a formal title. So, what does that actually mean for individuals who don’t have direct reports but who want to demonstrate their commitment and leadership potential. This program explores the concept of a ‘leader-full’ organisation and moves on quickly to identify and develop the specific behaviours that will help people step forward and take a leadership position within their organisation.
Who Will Benefit
Individuals, without a leadership title, who want to do more, make a greater contribution and who aspire to take on a formal leadership role in the future. Participants are likely to come from organisations looking to build a culture of leadership, accountability and responsibility across their entire workforce.
- What is a ‘leader-full’ organisation?
- What’s in a title?
- Characteristics of influential leaders who don’t have a title
- Defining your strengths and unique contribution
- Followership – balancing support and challenge
- Taking the initiative
- Volunteering – stepping forward to accept a new assignment
- Building your network – inside and outside the organisation
- Enhancing your personal brand.
Participants should be able to:
- Describe the benefits to themselves and their organisation of having everyone adopt a leadership mindset
- Identify what unique strengths and talents they bring to their organisation
- Confidently put their hand up to take responsibility for existing and new challenges
- Support and challenge the formal leaders with skill and finesse
- Increase their influence through an expanded network of contacts.