This half-day program covers the essential skills of academic assessment writing. This program is designed to develop skills in planning, researching, organising, analysing and presenting written assessments in a cohesive and professional manner, using correct English grammar. Strong writing skills are not only useful for students undertaking tertiary studies but are also essential to succeed in employment and communicate in the workplace.
Who Will Benefit
Students who are new to tertiary studies, who have not written academic assignments recently or those students who wish to improve their academic assignment writing at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Understanding the requirements and develop a high level plan
- Determining the theme and relevant structure
- Researching the topic and building the content
- Using correct grammar and paragraph structure;
- Incorporating tables, diagrams and images
- Using appendices
- Building logical flow and cohesion
- Using correct citations and referencing
- Presenting a professional document.
Participants should be able to:
- Understand the assignment requirements
- Understand a grading matrix
- Use the Library to find the right information
- Plan the basic outline
- Plan the detailed structure
- Write an Executive Summary
- Use correct grammar in sentences and paragraphs
- Use tables, charts, and figures
- Develop logical flow and cohesion
- Reference academic materials using Harvard Referencing
- Use Appendices
- Present a professional report.