Stakeholder engagement is integral to the success of all projects and major organisational change initiatives, regardless of the size of the project. Too often, relationships with stakeholders are managed in an informal or intuitive way. This casual approach to stakeholder engagement is one of the most common causes of project failure which could easily be prevented with better planning.
Who Will Benefit
Project managers, coordinators, community workers or other staff who are responsible for projects with a number of diverse stakeholders.
- A strategic approach to stakeholder management
- Realising the benefits of stakeholder engagement
- Analysing stakeholder interests and needs
- Stakeholder engagement methods and processes
- Stakeholder communication plans
- Evaluating engagement effectiveness
- Responding to changing stakeholder interests.
Participants should be able to:
- Define the needs and aspirations of their stakeholders
- Develop a planned approach to connect with each of the most significant stakeholders
- Set up performance measures to determine the success or failure of their approach
- Align the stakeholder management plan with the overall strategy for the project.