Improving business performance requires an understanding of the components of profit, liquidity and value. This practical guide to understanding financial information will provide managers and business owners with effective commerce skills enabling them to identify improvements in the financial performance of their business.
Who Will Benefit
People who wish to have a general understanding of business finance which will enable them to improve the profits and value of their business, including managers, senior executives and business owners.
- Awareness of accounting basics
- Understanding financial statements
- Financial ratio analysis
- Determining the drivers of both revenues and costs
- Preparing annual budgets from a profit and cash flow perspective
- Analysing variances of actual results compared to budgets
- Understanding business structures
- The Australian taxation regime.
Participants should be able to:
- Identify the steps required to develop and implement a strategic plan
- Initiate and manage change in an organisation
- More clearly define the role of management and leadership
- Apply ethical decision making processes
- Understand finances as they apply to managerial decision making
- Manage resources and associated risks to ensure successful outcomes
- Lead continuous improvement through innovation
- Build a network of contacts with other participants.
Program can link to:
This program can link to BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management