Improving business performance requires an understanding of the components of profit, liquidity, and value. This practical guide to understanding financial information will provide managers and business owners with effective commerce skills enabling them to identify improvements in the financial performance of their business.
Over two days this finance training course will help you to understand the finances underpinning your business. You will learn how to determine what’s driving revenue and costs and put together a budget. On completion of this basic financial management training course at our Perth campus, you will be able to analyse the impact of decisions on cash, revenue, expenses, assets, liabilities and equity and have the confidence to ask insightful questions about your organisation’s finance.
Who Will Benefit
People who wish to have a general understanding of business finance which will enable them to improve the profits and value of their business, including managers, senior executives and business owners.
- Awareness of accounting basics
- Understanding financial statements
- Financial ratio analysis
- Determining the drivers of both revenues and costs
- Preparing annual budgets from a profit and cash flow perspective
- Analysing variances of actual results compared to budgets
- Understanding business structures
- The Australian taxation regime.
After the completion of the Finance for Non-Finance Managers course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the steps required to develop and implement a strategic plan
- Initiate and manage change in an organisation
- More clearly define the role of management and leadership
- Apply ethical decision making processes
- Understand finances as they apply to managerial decision making
- Manage resources and associated risks to ensure successful outcomes
- Lead continuous improvement through innovation
- Build a network of contacts with other participants.
Please click on the qualification link below for Qualification pathway information and total fees.