Managers, supervisors and staff are held accountable for achieving their organisation’s outcomes. This highly practical and interactive course will provide participants with the tools to prepare successful budgets and business plans helping them to achieve their organisation’s goals.
Who Will Benefit
Managers, supervisors and staff in the private and public sector who need to prepare, understand or evaluate budgets and/or business plans. This course is also suitable for not-for-profit organisations.
Participants wanting a course focused on business planning are recommended to register for Writing Successful Business Plans.
- The purpose, importance and benefits of a budget and a business plan
- The relationship between the budget and the business plan
- SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) Analysis
- Setting objectives and goals
- Planning the organisation’s resource requirements
- Budgeting for the organisation’s resource requirements
- Planning and budgeting for capital expenditure
- Risk assessment and management
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Action plans
- Building commitment and responsibility
- Implementing the plan
- Monitoring performance against the plan and budget.
Participants should be able to:
- Prepare and evaluate a budget
- Prepare and evaluate a business plan
- Monitor and manage costs against a budget
- Manage the process of implementing a business plan
- Monitor and manage progress against a business plan.