This course outlines analytic tools of Microsoft Excel which can be very useful for business planning and modelling.
- Understand the different types of analytics techniques
- Use advanced sorting for descriptive analysis
- Use advanced conditional formatting for descriptive analysis
- Work with advanced analytic functions such as SUMPRODUCT and analytic database functions such as DSUM AND DAVERAGE
- Learn how to use What-If Analysis tools:
- Goal Seek to calculate a single value needed to achieve a known outcome
- Scenario Manager to switch between different calculations with different variables
- Data Tables to view multiple results from one or two variables
- Solver to calculate multiple values needed to achieve a known outcome.
- Gain an understanding of the Excel Analysis ToolPak.
Participants should be able to:
- Understand which analytics tools are available in Excel
- Use advanced sorting and advanced conditional formatting for descriptive analysis
- Use selected analytics functions such as DSUM, DAVERAGE, DMAX and AGGREGATE
- Understand the What-If Analysis Tools and their uses
- Understand the set of statistical analysis tools available in the Excel Analysis Toolpak.