Advanced Excel Course Overview
The Advanced Excel course shows you how to work with databases in Microsoft Excel using filtering, sorting and subtotals.
This training course introduces participants to PivotTables, Macros and Hyperlinks and teaches logical, lookup, reference, and statistical functions.
If you are experienced in designing and modifying spreadsheets, can write formulas and have worked with IF and VLOOKUP functions, this advanced Excel course is for you.
Who Will Benefit
This course provides an insight into advanced functions typically used in organisations to summarise, analyse, explore, and present visualisations of data.
This course is particularly useful if you need to:
- Handle large amounts of data
- Aggregate numeric data and summarise into categories and subcategories
- Expand and collapse or drill down into levels of data to focus on areas of interest.
- Filtering, sorting, and grouping data or subsets of data
- Use automation (Macros) to generate pivot tables
- Present concise visual reports of complex data
The Advanced Excel course offers the following training content:
- Advanced functions
- Logical, Lookup and Reference, Statistical, Date and Time
- Create and use outlines to summarise worksheet data
- Database operations
- Autofilter and Advanced Filter
- Sort data
- Subtotal Command and Subtotal Function
- PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Create and manipulate PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Record and run Macros
- Add Toolbar buttons
- View the VBA code
- Consolidate worksheet data
- Combine data from different worksheets
- Create Hyperlinks to files, web pages or to locations in the workbook.
After completion of the Advanced Excel course participants will be able to:
- Use advanced functions and productivity tools to assist in developing worksheets
- Manipulate data lists using Outline, Autofilter and PivotTables
- Use Consolidation to summarise and report results from multiple worksheets
- Record repetitive tasks by creating Macros
- Use Hyperlinks to move around worksheets.