Business networking is an effective and efficient way for business people to connect, develop meaningful relationships, and grow their businesses. These achievements don’t come through a direct sales approach, however. They come from being interested in helping others, in listening, and in purposefully meeting and introducing people to one another. In this course, you’ll learn the essential ingredients for business networking, including in-person, people-centred connections, and online spaces such as LinkedIn.
Who Will Benefit
People who need to build their sales or professional networks, as well as business owners and entrepreneurs who want to build their businesses.
- Learn to identify opportunities for business networking and tailor your approach for the best outcome
- Explore ways to create that all-important first impression, incorporating a memorable introduction
- Practice various techniques on how to start a conversation
- Apply the concept of 'give first', being helpful as part of a system of reciprocity
- Learn strategies on how to handle tough situations
- Discover ways to follow-up and capitalise on your networking expertise
- Leverage benefits from using network sites on the internet such as LinkedIn.
Participants should be able to:
- Be goal focused about networking so that you make the most of events you attend
- Apply the concept of give first ,and be helpful as part of a system of reciprocity
- Use strategy and systems in order to network effectively
- Leverage the availability and usefulness of the Internet platforms, such as LinkedIn.