This program highlights the concepts of project management and introduces Microsoft Project’s key features of how to set up a schedule and a resource pool, how to assign resources to tasks and how to track a project.
- Understand project management terminology and basic principles
- Understand the Critical Path
- Navigate the Project window and understand views and tables
- Use the layers of help
- Set up the project plan environment
- Set up calendars for the project and resources
- Add and edit tasks
- Creating links between tasks
- Apply date constraints to the schedule
- Understand Summary Tasks, Outlining and the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Create a resource pool
- Assign resources and costs
- Fix problems with resources that have been over-allocated
- Set a baseline against which to compare actual performance to planned performance
- Capture actual performance and report on progress.
Participants should be able to:
- Navigate the Project environment and understand project management terminology
- Create a schedule
- Allocate and manage resources and costs
- Track projects and present basic reports.