This program follows on from the Applied Project Management program for those wanting to apply to enrol on the Diploma of Project Management. It covers the higher level skills required of project managers to look after the project governance, procurement, costs and people. Participants will be stretched beyond the role of team member to accepting responsibility for the project, its outcomes and ultimately, its success.
Participants must have completed the Applied Project Management program prior to attending this program.
Who Will Benefit
Those who are currently filling the role of project manager on one or more projects or are soon to take up this position.
- Review of the project management cycle and the role of the project manager
- Project governance – roles and responsibilities
- Procurement process and practice
- Managing costs against budget
- Dealing with negative and positive cost variations
- Overseeing the performance and engagement of people involved in the project
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement through the life of the project.
Participants should be able to:
- Describe their full responsibilities as a project manager
- Implement measures to control costs
- Establish purchasing processes to fulfil the project needs and meet budget
- Actively involve internal and external staff in the performance of the project
- Explore innovative ways to improve the process and practice
- Establish feedback mechanisms for continuous improvement.
Fee includes the cost of assessment for the Diploma of Project Management (12 x unit of competency).
Relationship to Competency Standards
BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management
BSBPMG514 Manage project cost
BSBPMG515 Manage project human resources
BSBPMG518 Manage project procurement
BSBPMG520 Manage project governance
BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
Please click on the qualification link above for Qualification information and total fees.