Becoming a Professional Member
- How do I join AIM WA as a Professional Member?
Simply complete the online Professional Membership application form here
- How much does Professional Membership cost?
Annual subscription fee is $49 for all grade categories.
- What do the different classes of membership mean?
There are three classes of Professional Membership that reflect your management experience, qualifications and career achievements. The three classes are Member (AIMM), Associate Fellow (AFAIM) and Fellow (FAIM). For further information on each grading please see the Grading Criteria.
- How long will my membership application take to be processed?
Initial applications (AIMM) will take approximately 7 working days to be processed. Once your application form has been submitted you will receive an email confirming receipt. Upgrade applications (AFAIM & FAIM) will take approximately 14 working days from receipt.
- How long does the Professional Membership period run for?
Professional Membership subscriptions are for 12 months from the date of admission or renewal.
Renewals and Fees
- How do I pay for my Professional Membership?
Professional Membership subscription payments can be made online here. Payment can be made over the phone with a credit card, please call the Personal Membership Services team on: 08 9383 8000.
You can also pay your membership via EFT to:
Australian Institute of Management WA
BSB: 036 054
Account: 13 1289
- What happens if I don't renew my Professional Membership on time?
If you require more time to make your membership subscription payment, please contact us to discuss your options. If your membership isn’t renewed within a limited period of time and we haven’t heard back from you, your membership will be suspended.
- I didn't receive my invoice, how do I obtain another copy of my invoice?
You will receive an email with your invoice approximately 14 days before your membership is due to expire. Please check your current email address is up to date. If you require another copy of your invoice, please contact our accounts team - firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I obtain a tax invoice?
A payment receipt will be sent to you by email once payment has been received. If you haven’t received your tax invoice or require a copy from a previous year, please contact our accounts team – email@example.com
- I have retired, what are my membership options?
Our $49 membership offer covers all grade categories as well as members who are retired, live internationally and students.
- How do I advance my membership class?
You can apply for an upgrade to either Associate Fellow or Fellow status at any time by completing the upgrade form. There is a $99 assessment fee for all upgrade requests. Please view our Grading Criteria to see if you meet the requirements.
- I recently became a member / renewed my membership but now I don't need it anymore. Can I get a refund or transfer my membership to someone else?
Professional Membership is non-transferable, and membership fees are non-refundable.
- What is the difference between Professional and Corporate Membership?
Professional Membership supports individuals at all levels of management and across all sectors with a broad range of development and networking opportunities.
Corporate Membership offers organisations discounts on training for employees and other benefits at an organisational level.
- Can I mention that I am a Professional Member of AIM WA on my website / CV / business cards / LinkedIn profile?
Yes, as an AIM WA Professional Member, you are encouraged to use your post-nominals on your business card, email signature, website and LinkedIn profile, as long as you are a financial member.
- How do I use my post-nominal letters and why should I use them?
Post-nominals indicate your experience, qualifications, honors and accreditation. Professional Members are able to include their AIM WA membership grade as a post-nominal (AIMM, AFAIM or FAIM).
- How do I update my membership address and contact details?
You can update your address details by logging into aimwa.com or contacting the Personal Membership Services team. If you have changed organisations, please contact us so that we can update your member record with your new organisation.
AIM WA Business News subscription T&Cs
For AIM WA members that do not have a current paid subscription with Business News:
- up to twelve months complimentary digital subscription to Business News
- twice daily business emails
For AIM WA members that have a current paid subscription with Business News:
- up to two additional digital subscriptions for the remainder of their current Business News subscription period, these can be gifted to others
- option of receiving the print edition.
- AIM WA members are eligible for the AIM WA Business News subscription once six months have passed since the end of the paid subscription