This course centres around the fact that we now work in the most diverse workplaces in our history. The emerging leaders of today need the ability to identify, analyse and engage with people from a variety of backgrounds so they can maximise the benefits of such diversity and achieve the outcomes required in their teams.
Who Will Benefit
This course is relevant to managers, supervisors and team leaders who are required to engage with a diverse workforce to gain their support and joint commitment to identify goals and tasks in the workplace.
- The principles of diversity and how they impact on work practices
- Evaluating your current practice against best practice guidelines
- Factors that influence communication between diverse groups
- Recognising and creating solutions to overcome diversity issues
- Accessing appropriate resources to improve diverse relationships at work
- Exploring your own identity in relation to diversity.
Participants should be able to:
- Identify the importance of diversity in their day-to-day role
- Align the legal, moral and ethical aspects of diversity to their team practices and policies
- Develop a strategy to ensure diversity becomes a positive influence in achieving desired outcomes
- Identify their own role in enhancing their organisation’s diversity.
Please click on the qualification link below for Qualification pathway information and total fees.
BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
BSBLDR404 Lead a diverse workforce
BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
BSBLDR504 Implement diversity in the workplace