In-house mentoring is increasingly seen as playing an important part in the development of staff within organisations. The role of senior staff, technical experts or trusted individuals in the development of employees is very significant. This course introduces the key components of mentoring and the skills required of those who take up the mentoring role.
Who Will Benefit
Individuals, managers, supervisors or HR professionals who are being asked to mentor other key staff within the organisation, or who wish to implement a mentoring program within an organisation.
- Distinguishing mentoring from coaching
- Characteristics of successful mentoring programs
- Models of mentoring
- Skills and knowledge required of successful mentors and mentees
- Skills practice sessions.
Participants should be able to:
- Describe the components of a successful mentoring scheme
- Engage a staff member in a mentor/mentee relationship
- Support other people involved as mentors or mentees.