Conflict is inevitable, but it is manageable. This program is designed to improve conflict resolution skills by examining what conflict is and how it affects people. Participants will explore positive and negative conflicts and decide how conflict can be dealt with in both work and personal life. The program will provide some basic communication strategies and will promote the development of negotiation and influencing skills.
Who Will Benefit
Anyone who feels that their response to conflict situations could be improved including managers, project managers, supervisors or HR managers.
- What is conflict?
- Strategies for managing conflict
- Personal styles of conflict management
- Active listening and questioning techniques
- Assertiveness techniques
- Building solutions to conflict situations.
Participants should be able to:
- Identify and appropriately respond to personal values, points of view and conflict management styles
- Analyse the needs of each party to resolve conflict in a flexible manner
- Use positive influence techniques to negotiate for a ‘win-win’ situation.
This course will also be delivered at Cannington Leisureplex on selected dates.