With an overarching view on how to communicate better, Effective Communication enhances your ability in developing and maintaining relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and clients. This short course provides you with a range of essential soft skills including communication techniques and strategies to become a more effective and confident communicator.
By improving your communication skills, you will be able to enhance working relationships and deal with difficult situations in a positive manner. The course will also give you the opportunity to develop your own personal communication style and better understand the styles of others.
Who Will Benefit
Those seeking to improve their interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding the communication process
- Identifying and overcoming communication barriers
- Identifying different communication styles
- Building rapport
- Demonstrating empathy
- Active listening and effective questioning skills
- Distinguishing the difference between assertion, aggression and submission.
Participants should be able to:
- Use effective communication techniques to deal with difficult situations
- Use active listening skills to improve the quality of relationships in the workplace
- Identify their own communication style and understand how to flex to others’ style of communication
- Build rapport with diverse groups of people using different communication styles
- Use active listening and questioning techniques to demonstrate empathy
- Employ assertive communication techniques to handle difficult conversations.
This program is also delivered via a virtual classroom and is indicated under DATES by this symbol
This course is also delivered in Kalgoorlie