People management skills are an essential element to getting the best from your team. This course is designed to enhance your people management skills through developing the personal insights necessary to lead, manage and interact with your colleagues effectively and productively. Participants will have the opportunity to identify and practice the key skills of communication, motivation, delegation and problem solving so that they can learn to maximise their own potential and that of their staff.
Over two days this people management course will equip you with essential interpersonal skills to successfully manage your team. You will gain a deeper understanding of the fundamental management and leadership process. This people management course offered in Perth will give you the skills needed to solve problems and negotiate conflicts. Throughout the course, participants will also learn how to assess performance and counsel employees to encourage a culture of performance improvement.
Who Will Benefit
Managers, team leaders, project managers and anyone wanting to improve their interpersonal relationships and get the best from their team members. The content and skills are also relevant to experienced supervisors and to those who are relatively new to a leadership position but haven’t received leadership training.
- Developing relationships
- Communication – giving instructions, orders, requests, and suggestions
- Conflict resolution
- Understanding what motivation is, and is not
- Orientation, on-boarding, and providing performance feedback
- Delegating effectively
- Steps for a difficult conversation
- Managing diversity
- Developing teams.
After the completion of the Effective People Management course, participants should be able to:
- Adopt an effective communication style
- Work through issues with their staff in a manner that is engaging to them and builds their expertise and performance
- Demonstrate a variety of techniques to strengthen team morale and improve team performance
- Negotiate and manage conflict constructively
- Delegate appropriately including the effective allocation of work and resources
- Assess performance and counsel employees for performance improvement
This course is also delivered via a virtual classroom and is indicated under DATES by this symbol