People management skills are an essential element to getting the best from your team. This course is designed to enhance your people management skills through developing the personal insights necessary to lead, manage and interact with your colleagues effectively and productively. Participants will get access to tips and hints in managing people by subject matter experts, and have the opportunity to identify and practice the key skills of communication, motivation, delegation and problem solving so that they can learn to maximise their own potential and that of their staff.
Who Will Benefit
Managers, team leaders, project managers and anyone wanting to improve their interpersonal relationships and get the best from their staff. The content and skills are equally relevant to experienced supervisors and to those who are relatively new to a leadership position.
- The management process
- The leadership process
- Communication – perception and styles
- Being assertive without appearing to be aggressive
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Understanding what motivation is, and is not
- Induction, training and performance reviews
- Disciplining and counselling employees
- Managing diversity
- Developing teams.
Participants should be able to:
- Adopt an effective communication style
- Work through issues with their staff in a manner that is engaging to them and builds their expertise and performance
- Demonstrate a variety of techniques to strengthen team morale and improve team performance
- Negotiate and manage conflict constructively
- Delegate appropriately including the effective allocation of work and resources
- Assess performance and counsel employees for performance improvement.
This program is also delivered via a virtual classroom and is indicated under DATES by this symbol