Supervisors who attend this popular and fundamental training program become much more effective and productive in their role. They also have fewer problems within their workplace because they are sensitive to what motivates their staff, are better at solving problems and have improved leadership skills.
Effective introductory training enables supervisors to reach their optimum level of effectiveness faster than those who simply learn on-the-job or are ‘thrown in at the deep end’. This supervisor training course explores the management of teams and relationships between supervisor and worker. It shows group or team leaders the functions of effective groups or teams and provides tips and insight on integrating concerns of task, team and individual to support organisational goals.
Who Will Benefit
Recently appointed or potential supervisors who need to develop an understanding of the key elements of the role. The program may also be suitable for others without formal supervisory training, aspiring to be a more successful team leader or to fulfil a supervisory or mentor role within their area.
- Identifying and using key communication skills
- Effective delegation techniques
- Managing and motivating teams
- Managing performance consequences
- Managing interpersonal and intergroup conflict
- Applying leadership principles
- Supporting the operational plan.
Participants should be able to:
- Identify human factors affecting the supervisor’s role
- Identify and apply key human resource skills of communication, motivation and delegation
- Manage and resolve interpersonal and intergroup conflict
- Manage performance consequences
- Apply appropriate leadership skills to situations.
This program is also delivered via a virtual classroom and is indicated under DATES by this symbol
Program can link to:
This program can link to BSBSS00033 Aspiring Supervisor Skill Set