An organisation’s policies, procedures and work instructions are a key factor in maintaining efficiency, consistency and clear communication. This course shows you how to prepare well-written documents, from planning to writing, editing and reviewing. It gives you the opportunity to develop an efficient ‘writing process’ for yourself or for your writing team, making writing high quality documents so much easier.
Who Will Benefit
New or experienced writers interested in improving the quality of their documents. Suitable for anyone who needs to write policies, procedures and work instructions. The needs of writers from different industries and organisations will be addressed.
- Adopt a professional approach to writing
- Define your audience and objectives to collate appropriate information
- Group and structure the content logically
- Allow users quick access to information
- Write professionally in an easy to read style
- Edit and revise material for maximum clarity
- Version control and document review cycles.
Participants should be able to:
- Write professionally in an appropriate style
- Target specific audiences
- Collate and structure information logically
- Write, revise and edit material for maximum clarity
- Apply version control.